Skip to main content

Where Have I Been?


Recently I found myself in this place. 
I don't really know how to describe it. 
I felt like I was just completely closed off. 
Like I had experienced so much heartache and pain in my life that I was just done. 
I was done feeling. 
I was definitely done being hurt.
And if anyone had hurt me in the past - well I was done with them too. 
After all, they had proven to be unsafe, unhealthy, and toxic to my life. 
Why would I want to keep exposing myself to that? 

I found myself in this place.
And I didn't like. 

I desperately wanted peace.
And in my desperation I thought if I removed all the people that were robbing my peace...
If I built those walls...
If I just don't let them in...
Somehow I would find peace. 
But I was experiencing the exact opposite.
And I was slowly beginning to give up on the idea that I could ever experience the type of peace I desired on this side of Heaven. 

Several months ago I as invited to a conference and although there were a thousand reasons to say no, I ended up saying yes. 
I had no idea what I was in for. 
I just knew I had to do something. 

So I went. 
And my heart was transformed. 
I experienced peace on a level that I have never experienced before. 
A peace beyond my expectation and certainly beyond my understanding. 

I am certainly not saying that there aren't people out there that have been dealt far more pain and suffering than I have in my life.
All I know is my story. 
But I also know that they too can walk in this place of perfect peace. 


Is my life perfect?
No. 
Do I not still have bad days?
Absolutely. 
But I know I am in the perfect place. 
God has got me. 
And he has you too. 

So the real question isn't where I have been...
It's where I am going. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2016

How is it 2016 already? It seems like yesterday I was 12 and then I blink and I am a wife and a mother of 5. Time sure does fly.  I have been doing a lot of reflecting to ring in the new year. I have been thinking about the things I accomplished in 2015... What I didn't... What I want to accomplish in 2016.  I think I kind of had the motto in 2015 to "just to better". Eat a little healthier. Exercise a little more. Get a little more organized. Make more memories. And I believe I accomplished all those on a tentative level. This year I want to use 2015 as a springboard and just keep doing better in 2016.  I am excited for this year. Probably more so than I have been in many previous years. I know it is going to be a great year.  Oh, and I plan on doing a whole lot more writing than I did in 2015. 😊

The Funeral

I absolutely dreaded this day - May 16th, 2019. I just didn't want to do it. Once again, God spoke to my heart and just told me to put one foot in front of the other and He would do the rest. I remember that I put a baseball game on. The Minnesota Twins were playing and I needed to do something - anything - to keep my mind off what was to come. As much as I love the people in my life I knew it was going to be unbelievably difficult to be around them during this time. I knew the rawness of my grief was going to come out. There would be nothing I could do to hide it and I felt so unbelievably vulnerable and completely unable to protect myself from the hurt that I was experiencing. I didn't journal at all that day - I just couldn't. I was in this fog of all consuming grief and there was no processing of emotions to be done that day. The emotions won. They took over. There was nothing rational to be found. So I watched baseball until it was time to go. I did make a sp...

My Grief Journey

Three weeks ago we found out our baby boy was gone. At some point his precious heart stopped beating and I became the mother of a stillborn. This has been a tremendously difficult journey for me. My heart is broken. I simply have no other way to describe it. I miss my sweet Kanton so much and a day has not gone by that I have not cried for him. I don't expect to have a day without tears anytime soon. I have prayed and prayed for God to help me find a way to use this for some sort of good. I am honestly not sure if I have heard an answer to my prayer yet or not but I do feel like God is asking me to share some of my grief journey now - something that honestly terrifies me but I will be obedient nonetheless. I have been writing continually since we found out our baby boy was gone. For as long as I can remember writing has been a tremendous outlet for me and God has used it to help me find healing during some of my toughest battles. I pray it becomes that for me again as I gri...